Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Before undergoing any medical procedure, open communication between you and your physician is critical. Make sure you’re knowledgeable about the procedure and comfortable with the physician performing it. Some common questions you should ask your doctor during your varicose or spider vein removal consultation include:
- What is causing my symptoms?
- What kind of tests do you recommend and why?
- What self-care steps can I take to treat my condition conservatively?
- If those don’t work, what is the best course of action for me?
- What alternatives to that approach are available?
- I have other health issues. How can I best manage them with my varicose or spider veins?
- Are there any restrictions that I should follow?
- Do you recommend that I see a specialist?
- Do you have any printed materials that I can take home? Can you recommend a website where I can get more information?
- How many laser procedures do you perform each year?
- Of that total, what percentage are with the VenaCure EVLT system?
- What has been your experience using the VenaCure EVLT system in patients?
- Remember, being well-informed is the first step to ensuring an optimal outcome. Don’t hesitate to ask questions during your appointment if you don’t understand something.