August 2011 Newsletter
Take Control of Your Varicose Veins
When you feel that throbbing sensation and see the blue twisted protrusions on your legs, you know you can’t put off vein treatment any longer. So what do you do next? The next step is to seek the advice of a local vein specialist who will assess your symptoms and offer treatment options that best meet your needs. It’s important to know that you CAN take control of your vein care, and treatment does not have to be long or painful. The VenaCure EVLT® system uses targeted laser energy to seal the vein shut and help you look and feel better fast. VenaCure EVLT treatment eliminates unsightly varicose veins with no hospital stay, minimal-to-no scarring, no lengthy recovery and minimal-to-no side effects. In less than an hour, you can be free from bulging, twisted varicose veins and back to enjoying your everyday activities. The VenaCure EVLT procedure is safe, fast, and effective. Learn more about VenaCure EVLT treatment and get ready to show off your legs!
Take a minute to explore our before and after photo gallery to see how the VenaCure EVLT procedure has worked on other patients. Then take our self-assessment quiz to see if you’re a candidate for VenaCure EVLT treatment.
What Can I Do to Help Prevent Varicose Veins?
There are steps that you can take to help reduce your chances of getting varicose veins; but it is important to know that sometimes varicose veins cannot be avoided. There are certain risk factors regardless of preventative measures, and knowing that varicose veins can be an indication of more serious vein disease is something to keep in mind. Here is a list of actions you can take to reduce your risk and help lessen the pain of current varicose veins:
- Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time. Make sure to move around as often as possible, and shift your weight on a regular basis.
- Raise your legs when sitting to help with blood flow.
- Exercise on a regular basis to maintain better circulation and strengthen your veins.
- Reduce excess weight. Excess weight increases the pressure on your legs and makes it more difficult to move the blood from your legs to your heart.
- Wear compression stockings to help improve circulation