July 2011 Newsletter
Why It's Important to Website Links
As discussed in a previous issue, in order to be successful online, your website must appear in search engine results. One of the fastest and most important ways to increase your organic ranking is to build valid links to your website. Search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo!, etc.) will rank your site higher in searches if multiple, high quality links (inbound and outbound) exist. High quality links include sites that are content rich and relevant to the information on your site. For example, a vein practice should include inbound links on referring physician sites; also, physicians using the VenaCure EVLT® System would benefit by having a link on our physician locator, a practice-referral tool, included in the Maximizing VenaCure EVLT Potential™ (MVP) marketing program. Practices can also benefit from featuring medical specialty sites and vein care organizations, and all customers of AngioDynamics are welcome to link to the VenaCure EVLT website to help boost their search ranking. The more high quality links you have, the higher you will rank on search engines results.
How To Build Website Links
Building links takes time and thought, but the payoff is immeasurable. Here is a small sampling of ways to create high quality links to your website:
- Write a relevant whitepaper and negotiate postings on article websites, medical sites and other practice sites
- Deliver press releases to media outlets and online sites with links back to the news story on your website
- Join the Better Business Bureau and link to your site
- Provide your information to the local chamber of commerce
- Submit your link to relevant medical resource sites
- Approach other medical practices with reciprocal link programs
Linking opportunities are abundant and with a little persistence, can have a huge impact. Learn more about marketing your practice by visiting our newsletter archives and take advantage of our MVP marketing support program to help grow your practice.